Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Birthday Boy

The fake restaurant

The real Tepanyaki





Birthday Cake #2

Birthday cake #1


February 27 was Travis' big 28th birthday! It was pretty much rad. We started out by going to dinner. We had the great idea of going to a Japanese Steakhouse where they make the food in front of you. Jamie had googled one here in Salt lake, and printed out the menu so we could have a well planned evening. When she googled it, she spelled Teppanyaki with 2 P's. The results came up, and she got the address for it in west valley. We drove and drove but could not find it. Finally in a small shopping center we found the restaurant....... a small hole in the wall called BanzaiTeppan Yaki. Once we got there we realized it wasnt what we wanted. We sat down and it was some small mom and pop japanese restaurant. After the waitress went to get us our water.... we bailed!!! Jamie made a few calls, and then we finally ended up at the right Tepanyaki's restaurant. It only has 1 P! After our dinner Jamie acted like she had forgotted something at her parents house, and needed to stop by and get it. When we showed up, Travis learned that it was all a setup and Jamie's parents had left for the night. The place was decorated with banners, and candles, and a nice fire. We opened presents, and Travis got all the super cool stuff. The cool stuff was a apron because Travis is about the worlds best cook, some sushi making tools, and a new hoodie. The highlight of the night was probably the cake Jamie made. It was in a shadow box, and was a whole snowboarding scene!!! It was complete with snowboarders, a car, a parking lot, a lift and tons of snow and trees!!! All in all it was a perfect night and we loved spending the special day together.

5 comments:

Heath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heath said...

First of all I love that you said RAD in the first sentence. That is my staple word and I don't care who knows it!

Who wrote this post? It's written in third person so I can't tell. I've known Jamie to write poems and have terrible spelling and this seems to be void of either(although the story of the mispelled restaurant has James written all over it!) so I'm guessing it's Trav. If it is...way to go? I'm very proud of your first dive into the blog world.

Jamie, you know why I'm proud of you? That cake looks shockingly superb! Was it edible? If it was, I am even more proud!

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Happy Birthday Trav! It sounds like you had so much fun. Life is always an adventure with Jamie. I am also very impressed with the cake making skills... has Heather been teaching you some of her mad skills :). What a fun night, you guys fit togehter so well. Hope to see you soon.

Ashlie said...

Hi Jamie! I am not sure if you got my comment on your last post, so I thought I would try again. This is Ashlie Jenkins (Dimick). Hope you are doing well, and I added your name to my friends so that I can keep up on your cute little life. ~ Ash

Jill and Paul said...

How fun! amazing cake jamie! what a fun memory this blog will be for yall forever. its your own little dating journal! great story on the wrong restaurant (is that spelled right?)! totally jamie!