Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Road Trip 2009 - Winging it!






Trav and I decided that we needed to go on one last big vacation before he starts school in August. We looked at booking a cruise or an all inclusive in Mexico, but they all seemed to be a bit out of our budget. So instead we decided to wing it. We booked a few hotels a couple days before we left. Packed up Trav's car and hit the road. We decided to break up our trip so that the drive didn't seem so long. We would change a thing about the way we did it. It was absolutely perfect! Our first stop was in Mesquite, Nevada. I know most of you are thinking WHAT? We took advantage of their spa package and loved it. We spent almost 5 hours at the spa hanging out in our robes in the relaxation room, chillin in the mineral bath, sweating in the eucalyptus sauna, and enjoying our 1 hour Swedish massages. Who new the Casablanca could be so fun. The best part was that we did it together!

6 comments:

Al & Whitney said...

I love Casablanca!! You two are awesome:)

cody+sara said...

Looks like you guys had quite the party!! Happy Belated Birthday.
xo

Brooke and Ryan said...

Dang. When you post, you really post. What a fun trip you guys had. I'm jealous.. totally need a vacation that doesn't involove the youth in my ward. LOL

Anonymous said...

i like the way you guys travel! Looks like tons of fun--you have some dang cute pictures!!

Kara said...

Hey Jamie! It's Kara, your old roommate from the Quiet House in HI! Remember me, long lost friend? I stalked your blog from Jaime/Heidi/Allysa/Erin. I heard you were here in Vegas that same weekend they were here and I'm so bummed I didn't accidentally bump into you at the Bellagio too! I've been living here for 6 years now. Anyway, I'd love to catch up with you. You can still e-mail me at kswanemyr@hotmail.com and check out my blog.

Annie said...

Good for You! I am so glad that you had a good trip...every couple needs to do that every so often...Danny and I are certainly due!