Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gone Fishin - Fly Fishing that is . . .






Trav's parent's drove up from Houston. It only took them 2 days and a total of 24+ hours, but it was well worth the drive. Once we got settled into our sweet condo in Park City it was time to get our gear ready. Marshall hand made both Trav and I our own fly fishing rod and spinning rod. It was so sweet and you can tell it took a lot of time and effort. He also tied us a bunch of flies so we would be prepared for what ever was hatching during this time of the year. I must admit that I love the outdoors, but I never realized how challenging fishing can be. Growing up it was real simple I would bait my line cast, cast out and pray that there would be a bite on the other end. Fly fishing on the other hand is a whole new game. It was a lot of fun, but it does require a lot of work. Needless to say I did catch the first fish. It was so much fun spending some quality time with Trav's parents. Marshall and Lou we hope you know how much we love and appreciate you. Next time we will have to make the drive :)

No comments: