Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy New Years 2010






Wow, I can't believe that Christmas has already come and gone. After spending Christmas with my family we were able to go back out to Texas for about 5 days. Trav really wanted to go hunting with his dad, and we felt this would be a great opportunity for me to spend some one on one time with Lou. WE WERE RIGHT! We had such a great time. We did a lot of baby shopping, went out to lunch, got pedicures and of course got in tune with our creative side.

Trav said this was one of the best hunts he has had in a long time. Since I have been around the past few years it has been awhile since Trav and his dad got to hunt in a blind together. For those of you who are hunters I have learned that it is not all about the kill. It really is such a bonding experience. However, the kill is nice and Trav was able to shoot a nice 8 point management buck! Once they got back from the trip he decided to make a uro mount out of it. This takes quite a bit of work, but well worth it. Now we just have to decide where to put it . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha. I totally agree that hunting is hugely just male bonding. Matt's friends all tease him because his Euro mount is in the closet of his "man room". So nice job Travis, but I'd definitely take shopping and pedis instead! Your baby bump is adorable and I love the brown shirt up above :)